3-year-old Camila Roxana Martinez Mendoza was pronounced dead. At her viewing, someone noticed the glass window of the coffin fogging up… what happened next shocked the entire family.
There, Camila was prescribed paracetamol as doctors tried to lower her body temperature by placing a cold towel on her lower body. At the same time, she was placed an oximetar to check on her oxygen levels.
Sadly, her condition didn’t improve much, so her parents sought a second opinion from a doctor at another hospital. Camila was prescribed more medications and her mom, Mary Jane, was told to give her daughter more fruits and vegetables. As this didn’t help either, Camila was then taken to the Salinas hospital between 9 and 10 p.m. where she was urgently hospitalized.
“They wanted to give her (intravenous therapy). They took a long time to put oxygen on her. They didn’t put it on her because they couldn’t find her little veins; finally, a nurse managed it,” the mom told the Daily Mail. Once they removed the IV drip, Camila was taken to another room to rest and her mom wasn’t allowed in to be with her daughter although she insisted to be let inside the room.
“She still was hugging me, they took her away and told me, ‘You have to let her rest in peace,’” Mary Jane recalled.
Not much time had spent when the doctor got out and told the parents the most devastating news. Their girl died and the reason why was dehydration. Their world crushed into a million pieces.
On the day of Camila’s funeral, the family noticed that the glass window of the coffin started fogging up and her grandma insisted they opened it up. Once they did so, they saw Camila moving her eyes and having a puls. The girl was rushed to the hospital where they tired to revive her, but she was once again pronounced dead, with cerebral edema listed as the cause of her death.
“That was really where my baby was done. We are devastated because my girl was a very happy person, she got along with everyone, she didn’t single anyone out. We have many people on the ranch who support us because she was cherished,” her mom said.
Her first death certificate stated the cause of death as just dehydration, while the second one listed it as dehydration along with cerebral edema and metabolic failure.
“What I really want is for justice to be served. I have no grudge against the doctors [who] went to extreme [measures],” her grieving mother told NY Post. “I only ask that the doctors, nurses and directors be changed so that it does not happen again,” she finished.
San Luis Potosí State Attorney General Jose Luis Ruiz is looking into the case asthe family is waiting for the results of the autopsy to be revealed.
We can’t even imagine what it might have felt like for these parents to lose their daughter twice. May she rest in peace.
Please SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook.