These Forgotten Photographs Show What Motherhood Looked Like Decades Ago.
Photographer Ken Heyman recently came across a box full of his work that was forgotten about for decades. The box, which was labeled “Mothers,” contained amazing pictures of what motherhood looked like from the mid-to-late 20th century. The photos were taken all over the world and prove that, while many things change from place-to-place and year-to-year, a mother’s love is not one of them.
Take a look!
2. Ghana, 1970 / Ghana, 1964
4. Czechoslovakia, Date Unknown
6. Somalia, 1982 / El Salvador, Date Unknown
9. Morocco, 1982 / Egypt, 1974
12. Puerto Rico, Date Unknown
13. Japan, Date Unknown / Hong Kong, Date Uknown
17. Denmark, 1964 / U.S.S.R., 1963
19. More great photography from Heyman: Men Resting in Seville, Spain
20. Not a mama, but a Papa. Ernest Hemingway in Cuba.
(via: Reddit / ViralNova)
Thanks, moms! You’re the best.
Share this post using the button below.