There’s no such thing as too much Christmas goodness — and this certainly applies when it comes to baking sweets for the holidays.
Here’s a new recipe that had me drooling right away and that I know I just absolutely have to try.
Best of all — you don’t even need the stove or oven.
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 3 tbsp melted butter
• 1/2 cup peanut butter
• 400 g melted white chocolate
• sprinkles (optional)
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and icing sugar into a bowl, mix well.
2. Roll into balls. I usually make them quite small because they are quite heavy. This way, guests can take more than one instead if they so choose. Place the balls in the freezer for about 30 minutes — this will help them keep their shape when you roll them in the white chocolate coating.
3. Break the melted white chocolate into small pieces, place in a bowl and heat in a microwave. Make sure not to burn the chocolate or it will become unusable.
4. Dip one ball at a time into the white chocolate. Using a fork, roll them around until they’re covered and then let the excess drip off for a few seconds — cover with sprinkles! Edible sugar crystals are great and very Christmas-y.
5. Put the balls back in the fridge until the chocolate has stiffened, then serve! They’re good both warm or chilled, so just choose your preference.
These are so popular at parties, so make sure you make a double batch!
If you prefer a less sweet variant, you can use a darker chocolate for the coating. The peanut butter can also be exchanged for any nut butter or squashed Oreo cookies.