When I think of Christmas parties, mind instantly goes to the food—and by food, I mean dessert.
Christmas parties aren’t complete without traditional treats like chocolate truffles, sugar cookies, gingerbread houses, Christmas cakes, and holiday pies. But while these classics will always have a place in my heart, sometimes it’s nice to branch out and try some things.
So this year, I thought I’d look around for some unique Christmas desserts. And when I saw this Nutella Christmas tree, I just had to share it.
Best of all? You only need three ingredients.
What you need:
• 2 packages of puff pastry sheets
• 4 tablespoons of Nutella
• 1 egg
1. Place a sheet of puff pastry dough on a baking tray and paint a triangle on it with Nutella.
2. Cover the Nutella with a second layer of puff pastry dough and cut it into a triangle.
3. Cut 1/2 inch (2 cm) incisions along both sides, leaving a little bit of the top.
4. Twist each piece into a spiral.
5. Brush with egg and place in the oven at 180C/350F for 20-25 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the tree with a little powdered sugar and enjoy your masterpiece.
See how easy it is to make this Christmas treat here: