A tragic incident unfolded at a Houston chain hotel as an eight-year-old girl tragically drowned after being pulled into a pipe in the swimming pool.

The young girl, whose identity remains undisclosed, went missing on Saturday while enjoying a swim with her family at the DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Brookhollow, located on the northwest side of the city. Concern grew when her parents were unable to locate her, prompting them to report her disappearance at 9:45 pm.

Tim Miller, the founder of Texas EquuSearch, recounted the confusion surrounding the circumstances of the girl’s disappearance. “Did she wander off? Did somebody take her, or what? So, anyhow, we mobilized a lot of people. We had people actually searching outside and in different rooms and everything,” Miller informed ABC13 Houston.

Authorities, including the Houston Fire Department, conducted an inspection of the pool’s four pipes, each approximately a foot wide, but found no trace of the missing girl, as relayed by police spokesman John Cannon.

An eight-year-old girl died after being sucked into a swimming pool pipe (pictured) at the DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Brookhollow

Tragically, an eight-year-old girl passed away after being pulled into a swimming pool pipe, as depicted in the image, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Brookhollow.

The girl was initially reported missing, but rescue teams reviewed security footage and determined  that she had gone underwater and never resurfaced

Initially reported as missing, the girl’s whereabouts were discovered through a review of security footage, revealing that she had submerged underwater and did not resurface.

Tim Miller, the founder of Texas EquuSearch, said rescuers found the little girl's body 'wedged' deep inside the pipe after sending a camera 20 feet inside

Tim Miller, Texas EquuSearch’s founder, conveyed that rescuers located the young girl’s body deeply lodged inside the pipe, described as “wedged,” following the insertion of a camera 20 feet into the pipe.

Officers thoroughly searched the hotel premises while Miller’s search and rescue nonprofit collaborated with the Houston Police Department in reviewing security footage.

It was determined from the footage that the young girl had submerged underwater and failed to resurface.

Following this discovery, the pool was drained, and a small remote camera provided by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice was affixed to a pole and inserted nearly 20 feet into the pipes.

Using the camera and aided by a scent-tracking bloodhound, rescuers made a grim discovery around 11:30 pm. The girl’s hand and part of her body were found deeply lodged inside the pipe, according to Miller.

Miller explained that the pipe had malfunctioned, drawing water inward instead of expelling it.

Members of the Houston Fire Department recovered the girl’s body, a process that spanned approximately 13 hours.

“The sight was deeply distressing for many of us,” Miller expressed, wiping away tears. “I never, ever thought in a million years it was going to end up as bad as it ended up…there is a grieving family out there, and it is going to be a long, painful healing process over this one.”

The investigation into the eight-year-old’s death will be led by Houston’s homicide division and treated as a drowning case.

The girl’s identity has not been disclosed pending an autopsy.

The Houston Fire Department retrieved the eight-year-old's body after a 13-hour effort
After an exhaustive 13-hour endeavor, the Houston Fire Department successfully recovered the body of the eight-year-old.
According to Miller, the pipe had malfunctioned and was sucking water in rather than pushing it out

Miller clarified that the malfunction of the pipe resulted in it pulling water inward rather than pushing it outward.

This incident is not an isolated occurrence.

In June 2007, six-year-old Abigail Taylor was playing in a public wading pool at Minneapolis Golf Club when she sat on a poorly maintained drain.

The suction force caused severe injuries, including the removal of the girl’s small intestine.

Despite undergoing nine months of medical treatment, including 16 surgeries and multiple organ transplants, Abigail passed away in March of the following year, surrounded by her family.

More recently, in 2021, 10-year-old Danika Ross was pulled into an irrigation pipe while swimming with her siblings in a man-made pond at a winery in Washington state.

Her family filed a wrongful death lawsuit, alleging that the pipe lacked proper grating and was larger than necessary.

Danika’s body was forcibly moved nearly 70 feet up a hill via the mechanical pump mechanism, after being thrust down into a 90-degree bend.

The Grant County Coroner determined that Danika’s cause of death was asphyxiation from drowning and compression of the torso due to pressure in the pipe.

The trial, initially scheduled to commence this year, was postponed following an appeal filed in December 2022.

You May Also Like

Doctor Gasps Seconds After Delivering Twins, Looking Down We See Why!

The doctors gaped in shock though, it was really apparent that what…

Liam Neeson Recalls The Devastating Moment He Had To Pull The Plug & Let Go Of His Beloved Wife To Honor Her Last Wish

When they met, Richardson was married, but meeting Neeson made her fall…

Mom 36 Weeks Pregnant When Husband Leaves Her, Opens Oven To Find $10,000 Stack Of Cash

For Amanda Sydney life was starting to look a little better again.…

Mom Adopts 3rd Sibling After Learning She Was Fostering Son’s Biological Sister

Although Grayson and Hannah didn’t look alike at all, that name written…