As you know, salt is one of the most common ingredients you’ll find in anyone’s household around the world. But did you know that salt can be used for a lot more than just seasoning?
In this short video, you’ll learn 7 different ways to utilize salt that you never knew you could!
- If you have something gooey stuck to your iron, take a sheet of wax paper, and dump on some salt. Turn your iron to high and rub it back and forth on the salt. All the goo will get collected up by the salt leaving your iron clean.
- Dropped an egg by accident? Don’t fret! Douse it with a healthy dose of salt and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then you can simply use a paper towel to brush it into the trash. It’s actually pretty crazy to watch the reaction the salt has with the egg over time.
- Put a grease fire out by pouring some table salt onto it. The salt with smother the flames and cut off flow of oxygen. This could help save your life someday.
- Have burnt food on the bottom of your pan? Cover the inside of the pan with salt and add water. The salt water mixture will help take away the residue.
- Dirty sponge? No problem! Fill a container with water and load in some salt.
- Get a sparkling porcelain tub with equal parts turpentine and salt. Wow!
- Clogged drain with hair? Make natural Drano. Measure ¼ cup of salt, ¼ cup baking soda, and shake it up. Pour it right down the open drain. Then pour ½ cup of white vinegar down there too! Watch the magic work.
One of the best things about using salt for so many tasks around the house is how cheap it is. At most grocery stores, you can buy a large container of sold for under just a dollar. Another great benefit of using salt is that it is all natural. This is especially important when using salt to replace dangerous chemical-ridden products like Draino and popular cleaning products.
SHARE these salt tricks with your friends on Facebook today!