You may know someone with one of these lovely old-fashioned names, but it’s very unlikely you’ll meet a newborn with one, as they went out of style nearly 100 years ago!
Nowadays most girls will be named Emma, Olivia, or Sophia, while Liam, Noah, and Ethan are popular choices for boys.
However, in a bid to have the most unique and fabulous children, celebrities have been capitalizing on old-fashioned names for their famous spawn. Bruce Willis named his daughter Mabel (popular in 1895), Tobey Maguire’s kids are named Ruby and Otis…and then there’s those who invent a completely new name altogether, like Suri (Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’s daughter), Blue Ivy (Beyonce and Jay Z’s baby), and of course, North West (Kanye West and Kim Kardashian’s little girl).
In no particular order, here are some of the most popular baby names from approximately 100 years ago, their origins and meanings!
Please SHARE these old-fashioned baby names with all of your friends and family!
1. Mildred (Most Popular: 1913)
2. Clarence (Most Popular: 1895-1901)
3. Marjorie (Most Popular: 1921)
4. Eugene (Most Popular: 1928)
5. Dorothy (Most Popular: 1923)
6. Elmer (Most Popular: 1897)
8. Chester (Most Popular: 1910s)
9. Edna (Most Popular: 1893)
10. Norman (Most Popular: 1931)
11. Gertrude (Most Popular: 1896)
12. Leroy (Most Popular: 1935)
13. Marion (Most Popular: 1917)
14. Clyde (Most Popular: 1904)
15. Minnie (Most Popular: 1880)
Please SHARE these old-fashioned baby names with all of your friends!