A lot of us hang on to toys from our childhood because they’re too sentimental to give away. But after holding on to those toys for 25 years, at least a few of them are bound to be a financial gold mine!
For those lucky enough to have toys at home that are more than 30 years old, you won’t believe how much they’re worth now.
Just to get an idea of what kind of treasure trove you might be hiding in the attic, check out a few of these toys from the ‘80s that are worth an absolute fortune now!
- Lite-Brite. Since this light-up toy has been updated so many times over the years, a vintage set is worth more than $100 now.
- “Glitter and Gold” Jem Doll. Last year’s movie may have bombed, but you can sell an old-school Jem doll for $200 to $300 if it’s in mint condition.
- Transformers: Optimus Prime and Megatron Action Figures. Depending on the quality, original Transformers action figures can sell for more than $200 online.
- Talking Pee-wee Herman Doll. Amazingly enough, this incredibly creepy Pee-wee Herman doll is worth a pretty penny today.
- Cabbage Patch Baby. Believe it or not, one of these Cabbage Patch Baby dolls is going for nearly $1,000 on eBay right now.
- He-Man and Battle Cat Action Figure Pack. According to BuzzFeed, this set was actually selling for nearly $7,000 a couple of years ago. Similar packs are still going online for around $1,000!
- Eternia Masters of the Universe. As the second most valuable toy on this list, one of these playsets can actually be sold for as much as $17,000!
- Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Happy Home Doll House. Nearly $850 for this Strawberry Shortcake dollhouse!
- Teddy Ruxpin. Just one of these little talking stuffed bears is worth at least $1,000 on eBay right now.
- Nintendo NES Deluxe Set Console. Owning one of these original consoles could literally pay for your kids to go to college. By far the most valuable item on here, this Nintendo is selling for nearly $25,000 as we speak!