Here’s The Common Kitchen Item That Blew Up And Nearly Killed Her Family. You Could Be Next. WARNING

ADVERTISEMENT

Many of you are probably familiar with the famous kitchen appliance, the pressure cooker.   This type of kitchen appliance is great for long cooked beans, rice, meats, and many other things that you would consider a staple in your kitchen.  There are some amazing recipes that you can use with this appliance, however they are not all sunshine and rainbows.

As you can guess, a pressure cooker uses high pressure in order to aide in the cooking process.  While this appliance may be extremely useful, it is also very dangerous due to the high pressure conditions that it creates.

In fact, these appliances can be so dangerous that they have been used to manufacture bombs, and have been shown to hurt people if they are used incorrectly.

One family wanted to share their story of a pressure cooker nightmare so that they could warn others about its dangers in hope of relieving them from the possibility of injury.

Cassie Hodges and her significant other Mark were figuring out what to eat for dinner like any other day, and that’s when Mark decided to make some simple soup in their pressure cooker.  The soup was in there for 25 minutes and was cooking away under the ‘soup’ function on the device.

Cassier had her kids all sit down at the dining room table, and she went back into the kitchen to help Mark get everything ready.

The couple had in mind that they needed to let the cooker release steam before they were to take off the lid and serve everybody at the table, but they had no idea what was about to happen.  They heard a click on the lid, and that was the moment that Cassie knew the lid was not locked.  The lid slid to the unlocked position, and then it exploded off the top of the cooker and a whole wave of boiling water and a lid came splashing onto Cassie, as well as Mark.

1-28

Cassie and Mark heard a loud sizzle, and they both yelled and screamed as they noticed their skin was peeling off.  Cassie ran into the shower and they called an ambulance as quickly as possible.  They tried to appear as if they were fine in front of their kids even though their skin was falling off.

12% of Cassie’s body was covered in burns, and when they took off the bandages they saw huge boils and blisters all around her chest and body. She was going to need to scrape them off with a rough towel and biobrane.

Cassie was going through weeks of this torture while trying to keep it together in front of her kids too.  Mark too suffered severe burns on his side.  They were a smaller area, but much deeper because his first priority was helping Cassie before he went to cool his burns.

2-21

The couple will survive, but it was a near death experience where they both could have been severely injured.  If you have a pressure cooker, make sure to use it correctly, have a high quality one, or simply to not use it at all.  Stay safe while cooking.

If you want to see more pictures of Cassie and Mark, check them out here and let us know if you use pressure cookers and what for down in the comments.

[video_player]

Source

0 Shares