Some Lady Accidentally Sucked Her Parakeet Into A Vacuum. The Result Was Very Unexpected.
Marie Margarone from Massachusetts was using the vacuum cleaner when she started hearing and noticing something very strange and soon she found out why, the family pet parakeet, Birdie, was inside.
Birdie apparently thought she’d found a perfect hiding place to lay an egg when she crawled inside the family’s vacuum cleaner. But the eight year old parakeet ended up being violently sucked up and thrown around inside the vacuum when her owner Marie went to do some spring cleaning and switched on the home appliance.
Marie immediately brought Birdie to Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston where veterinarians rushed to save her life.
Birdie’s owner says she suddenly heard a noise when turning on the vacuum. She looked in where the air comes out and saw some feathers. (Pictured is a Rose-ringed Parakeet, similar to Birdie but larger in size)
She shut it off immediately and knew something had gone terribly wrong. That’s when she found Birdie inside and took the bird to the animal medical center.
Dr. Elisabeth Simone-Freilicher was able to save Birdie’s life: “We actually amputated her at the wrist. Basically we were able to save the viable parts of the wing and remove the parts that were going to be nothing but chronic pain for her because it was never going to heal properly.”
Dr. Simone-Freilicher said Birdie will no longer be able to fly, but because she is a pet she really doesn’t need to.
Birdie is back in Milton, Massachusetts now with her family where she is recovering just fine.
Birdy sure is lucky to have survived that ordeal. Same can’t be said about unwanted spiders entering my vacuum.
Source: The Daily Mail
Share Birdie’s amazing story with your friends below.