I remember my mother had a funny magnet on our refrigerator growing up that said, “I made my favorite thing for dinner…reservations!”
Like mother, like son, I guess — because I’m fairly lazy when it comes to cooking. I like anything that’s easy,which is why I can appreciate kitchen-friendly life hacks. You especially don’t want me baking for you. Apparently, there’s a difference between baking powder and baking soda… I just couldn’t tell you what it is.
Yet I still have an entire cupboard of baking supplies, including a muffin tin (or cupcake tin, or muffin pan, or cupcake pan…whatever you want to call it!). My muffin tin sits there day after day going unused because I’m just not the type who bakes, but I recently found some ingenious and creative ways to use muffin tins for purposes beyond just making delicious baked goods.
The following “hacks” for using your muffin tin are easy, fun, and definitely creative. Some of them still require cooking, but they’re definitely nothing I ever expected. Now that I know I can make hard-boiled eggs with my muffin tin, that’s going to save me so much time in the morning!
Check out these creative muffin tin hacks and SHARE them with friends!
1. Vary the colors of your Easter eggs and avoid messes by using muffin trays!
2. Speaking of eggs, you can even make hard-boiled eggs in the oven.
3. Bake cupcakes right into ice cream cones. Delicious and cute.
5. You can even make homemade tortilla bowls!
6. If you’re feeling crafty, use the muffin tin to create a homemade advent calendar.
8. These are also great trays for storing toppings and condiments.
9. Freeze slices of lemon with some water to get awesome flavored ice cubes that are perfect for summer.
10. if you’re a party person, consider serving your next cheese plate or charcuterie platter in a muffin tin.
11. You can use old, broken crayons melted in a cupcake tin to create new, beautiful crayons.
12. Use your old cupcake or muffin tins to store nails, screws, washers, and other small tool bits.
13. Or get back into the kitchen to make some delicious deep-pan pizzas. These are perfect for passing out at parties.
14. De-clutter your desk by using a muffin tin to help get organized.
15. Cut photos into circles measuring the same diameter and area as the bottom of the muffin tin holes to create an adorable picture frame.
Please SHARE these awesome tips with friends.